Thursday, May 01, 2008

Suit

Although I've been working and haven't had too many interesting photos, I did manage to snap a few shots of me getting fitted for a suit. As soon as I walked in the door at work, I realized I wasn't going to have enough suits for my time here, so I had a couple of them made. The prices aren't all that much better than in the US, but you get a better fabric and nicely fitted suit. Snug where it should be snug. Not snug where it shouldn't be snug.

Just in case you're the type of person that's never had a suit made (rube), after I choose the fabric, they take a bunch of measurements, some of which you're usually not allowed to take unless you first take me to a nice meal or at least have the courtesy to buy me a drink. A few days later, there's a first fitting and I tried on a suit-like piece of fabric where they make sure all the measurements are right and pin up different sections are too big. This part invariably ends up with them pinning the trousers to my boxers, which is always good fun when I have to come back out afterwards to ask them to unpin my underwear. Not a conversation I enjoy having with a grown man. A few days later, I try it on, and they tell me how great it looks, how perfect it is and then I leave with fancy new suit.


These two pictures are from the first fitting (just in case you thought it was the final one at that I got ripped off):




So the suit looks a little rough. But remember that's before it was finished. Once you see the final product, then you'll understand the value of a nicely tailored suit. For that picture, you'll have to click here (on the left)

No comments: