The last two days have been work. Nothing else too exciting, so just bear with me as I try to squeeze out the few interesting nuggets. I could write an entire post on the new Chinese transfer pricing regulations recently released by the SAT, but I have a feeling that's in no one's best interests.
- Everyone wears suits! Including the interns! Bastards. I had a feeling that this would happen, but I was told that the guys in the office only wore suits on client visits, like in the UK. Of course, I was told this by a woman, so it's my mistake for not doing more research. And in all fairness, if someone asked me what the woman in our office were wearing, the answer could be from business formal to clown suit circus casual, and I'd have no clue.
But, this means I'm going to have to buy a few suits here. There's a ton of tailors that custom make suits. That will be fun since it's the big thing to do, but I'm sure I'm going to get ripped off. Let the good times roll!
- There's a kitchen area that has water, coffee (this mega machine that has a bunch of dials and stuff...crazy), boxes of soy milk, and a woman who works there. Not an associate doing client work, but I guess she maintains it and keeps it stocked. But she just sits there all day. And we're not talking about a big area, so I always feel weird going in there. I'm not sure if I can ask her for something (like a grande skim caramel macchiato), but so far all she's done is not understand me.
- Luckily, everyone has told me that the area I'm in is way too crazy for them. I walked around more, and it's just insane. I'll take pictures this week for you. But just nice to know the rest of Hong Kong doesn't feel like Times Square.
- I'll never get over the fact that the Hong Kong subway runs on time, is clean, no crazy mentally unstable people (and I'm not referring to the homeless), has no mariachi bands, can't buy shady DVDs, doesn't ruin my ears, doesn't have conductors yelling at people, doesn't have people yelling at the conductors, has no one asking me for money, has no ads for STD clinics, has no one yelling at me that it's not too late to find Jesus, has no one forcing me to listen to their crappy music, doesn't skip random stops, has turnstiles that don't need 5 swipes before they consider letting me in, has enough turnstiles so I don't have people running into me as I try to leave, has a zero probability of me falling into the subway tracks, has well marked entrances and exits, and has not been featured multiple times throughout the years of anyone being mortally wounded. In other words, it scares me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment