Matt and Mala were here this past week. I met up with them for a few drinks, and a few foods. The most intriguing was the goose at Yung Kee. Never imagined I'd ever eat goose in my life, but there I was downing it down. It's like duck, but fattier. If you can possibly imagine that. Big fan of the place. If you visit me here, you'll be going to this place.
Up next was the Felix. It's bar in Kowloon that overlooks HK Island. It's a neat little bar, and has this spectacular view. The problem is that "neat little bar" part. The designer was so enamored with his design, he installed blinds on the windows (click on the picture and you'll see them better) so people would be looking as his bar, rather than the view. The waiter said they only put them up when there are fireworks. What a prick.You'll also note that I'm wearing a suit. Sure I had a meeting that day, but I guess I'm just the type of guy who wears suits all the time. This could have been a Sunday afternoon, or a 4th of July BBQ. I'm a suit guy. Fantastic.
But back to the Felix. Although the view at the bar had the blinds, go into the mens bathroom and it's a whole new world. Not only do I wear suits a lot, but apparently I'm also the type of guy who takes pictures in bathrooms. Fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment